Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Long Awaited Update

I know it has been several weeks since my last post. I have been working like a mad woman to get my lesson plans ready and get last minute things ready at the house. I am wearing myself out (I know . . . I know). So on the weekends, I crash. I spent most of last weekend on the couch resting. I finally have everything planned at school. Every day when I leave, I pretend that I am not coming back. So my room is ready for a sub to walk in. My long term sub is not available until next Wednesday, so ideally Megan will wait one more week before making her debut. I am not sure she is going to cooperate with "my" schedule. I have parent conferences all day Monday of next week. So again, one more week would make my life easier, but I have not heard a lot of stories from parents about kids making their life easier!

Yesterday was my baby shower at school. Another teacher is due a week after I am, so we had a joint shower. She is having a boy, so we saw lots of cute baby things in a variety of colors. People have been so sweet and generous. There are just a couple of things that we still need and we received gift cards to cover those items. It is so nice that we do not have to worry about being provided for. God has taken care of us above and beyond our expectations - He does that! Here are some pictures from the shower.


I am going to the doctor every Wednesday now. Last week, he was sick, so they just measured my stomach and took my blood pressure. This week, he actually checked my cervix. I am dilated to a 1, 75% effaced, and the baby is at -1 station. That means she is very low. The doctor said that was good - babies in her position this early usually go pretty fast once the mom is dilated to a 4 or 5. So it looks like Megan knows what to do. We are just waiting to see when she will decide to come! I am still feeling good. I had a little swelling in my feet last weekend, but I really pushed it last week at work. After resting most of Saturday, I was back to normal. So my body is doing great. My mind is having trouble grasping the concept that I could be a mom tomorrow! I am a processor and I am just not mentally ready for her to be here. I guess that is what the process of labor is for - ready or not!!

3 comments:

The Cokenour Family said...

I am so excited to meet her! I have that Baby Einstein car thing and I love it cause you can situate it so you can see the baby in your rearview mirror! Yea!

Unknown said...

My Sweet Rachel,
You said it yourself. God takes care of us above and beyond our expectations. So even though you may not be mentally ready for Megan, God will provide all that you need WHENEVER she arrives.

You, Justin, and Megan are going to make a fantastic family.

Nana's schedule is cleared for October and she is ready for Megan to make her debut. Megan's mom will be ready too.

"My God shall supply all your needs..."

Love ya,
Nana in Hurst

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

Can't wait to see Megan! If you need anything let me know... I have lots of baby girl stuff.