Thursday, October 23, 2008

The end is near

Well, I am officially finished. I decided that today would be my last day at school. I have gone as far as I can go - it is time to rest! We went to the doctor yesterday and found out that Megan is coming (slowly, but surely). I am dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced. She is still sitting very low. I am having contractions and timed them last night. They are about 8 minutes apart. This morning when I woke up, they were the same. So I went to school. We had a field trip to the farmer's market today. I would have felt bad having my sub start on a field trip day. My doctor said that if I could stop working and rest, he would recommend it. I am not in any danger and neither is the baby. He was just offering some advice. I thought I would finish out the week and not go back on Monday. However, today was taxing and I am exhausted by the end of the day on Friday. So, I decided to start my weekend early in hopes that I will get some rest before Megan arrives! Justin is (of course) completely supportive. So now we wait . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe all your activity on the field trip today will encourage Megan to come. We look forward to meeting her. Hopefully, it will sooner than later. We love y'all and pray for you!

Rayzer81 said...

Come on megan!!

Keri and Chad said...

We can't wait to see you Megan!! Hurry, Hurry!!!!

KarenD said...

Glad you're taking some time to rest! And I was gonna say on the previous post where you said "you lost" that I don't think it counts since they induced. I mean, I understand why they did, of course. But maybe Megan coulda beat Austin if they came in their own time. But, of course, it's not a race or anything, and Megan will come in her timing. So, we wait with you!

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

Yay! Avalon can't wait to meet her new friend.
Let us know if you guys need anything!

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

I'm so excited for you guys! We'll be praying for you. Can't wait to see that little girl.