I have been duly reprimanded for not posting anything new in over a week (thank you, Jordan!). I sincerely apologize to those of you that need something to do during the day and my blog supplies you with ample entertainment! From here on out, I will strive to do a better job.
That being said, I have much to share about the last week. I have made a doctor's appointment. It is scheduled for Monday, March 10th. Barring any complications, my doctor does not care to see his patients until week 8. I should be at 8 weeks or just past 8 weeks at that point. We will have our first sonogram that day (hooray!) and should be able to nail down our exact due date. We know it is in the middle of October. I cannot wait to the doctor's visit. I almost don't feel like we are officially expecting yet. I know that many things can go wrong in the first trimester, so I am trying to be logical about the whole thing.
Last week, I actually had some bleeding. It lasted about three days. I am very proud of myself - I did not flip out. I checked on the web to see what the bleeding could be. It could be a complication, but most likely is not. I called the nurse at my doctor's office (she fields all of the questions from expectant mothers). She said that as long as the bleeding had stopped (it had) and there was no pain or cramping involved (there was not), then there was probably nothing to worry about. She said to just wait until my doctor's appointment to come in. This development did not cause me great worry, but it did rob me of some of the joy I have been feeling about my pregnancy. The possibility of miscarriage seems very real now. So we have decided against spreading the news to everyone we have ever met until after our doctor's appointment. Please do not stop sharing the news! We have told both of our families and the friends that we have seen over the past few weeks. However, our friends that do not live near us, will not hear the news until next Monday night.
On top of this bothersome event, I found out this week that two of the first graders at my school have fifth disease. Fifth disease is a virus that affects children under the age of 15. Adults can get it, and it can be very harmful to a fetus. I looked up that statistics on the web. Apparently, only 50% of pregnant who are exposed to it will contract the virus. Of that 50%, only 5% will have serious complications with their pregnancy. However, these "complications" include anemia in the baby and possibly a miscarriage. I am sorry to make this entry such a bummer, but I wanted you to know how I have been feeling lately. Sitting down to share my joy with everyone has been hard.
So, Justin and I covet your prayers as our sweet baby is developing. We are so excited, but are, of course, fearful of the unknown.
Don't worry, I also have some good news to share! Justin's brother, Matthew and his new wife, Annette are also expecting their first child in October! We are so excited that we have two babies expected in the fall!! Thanksgiving will be exciting with two new grandbabies in Alabama. We think our due dates are about 2 weeks apart. We know that these cousins will be the best of friends. If they are the same gender, we have no doubt they will be as competitive as their fathers are!!
Baby pictures of Justin and I are coming soon! (I promise it will not be another week, Jordan!)
No comments:
Post a Comment