Justin and I went to the doctor last Wednesday. We did not get a sonogram this time which is sad because we love to see our baby! The doctor did measure my stomach and it is in the normal range. Although he was surprised by that. Also, we heard Megan's heartbeat - 145 bpm. It is so exciting to hear her and feel her.
I have been feeling her a couple of times a day. Most of the time it is just little kicks. She seems more active in the morning when I first wake up, but a few weeks ago I felt her more in the evening. So I don't know if there is really a pattern to her movements yet. We put headphones on my stomach last week and blasted David Crowder. I think she was asleep because it felt like she jumped across my stomach. We tried the headphones again last night and she just kicked where the headphones were sitting.
Last week, Justin read her a book for the first time. It was so sweet. He read Because Your Daddy Loves You. A little girl and her dad go to the beach for the day. All day long, she make mistakes and it talks about how dad could react to her (anger, yelling, frustration), but he doesn't react that way. He is kind and patient with her. He read so sweetly to her. I can't wait to see him holding her and reading.
In other baby news, we have registered at Target and Babies R Us for those that want to check out our nursery picks. We go back to the doctor on July 23rd. We will get a sonogram then and they will check her fetal weight and position. So stay tuned for pictures of Megan . . . .
2 comments:
I wanna see belly pics. Surely you're showing by now!
Me too! Me too!
Post a Comment