Friday, January 23, 2009
Megan can roll over!
Megan Rolls Over!! from Justin Allison on Vimeo.
OMG! Can you believe it? I got an e-mail from Justin while I was at work yesterday that said Megan had rolled over 5 times! When I got home, he had captured it on video. He said he thought it was an accident at first, but she kept doing it. Then, of course, I had to see it for myself. It was amazing! We think she is gifted (we have since day 1).
I know my blog has been very infrequent, but being back at work has posed a lot of challenges for me. I want to wait until the last second to leave and rush home after work so Megan gets as much mommy time as possible. However, that is making my work day very stressful and I am not getting enough sleep to keep up. Megan is still sleeping through the night, but I am getting up before she does so I can get a shower (most days). And I have been staying up until she falls asleep because I feel bad that Justin has had to care for her all day. It doesn't seem fair that I go to bed early. So I am getting less sleep than she is and I am wearing out by the end of the week. Fortunately, I have a student teacher until the end of February. She will be taking over next week, so work should be less stressful. I am hoping to plan ahead and make the rest of the year easier on myself.
Enough complaining. Life really is good - just very different and we are all still adjusting. Our little girl is AMAZING!! I thank God for her everyday and we can't believe we waited so long to have kids. If we had it to do over again, we would still probably wait awhile. However, our lives are richer with her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
no way!!! she is totally gifted.
I know you said she could roll over, and I trusted you, and yet I still yelped in excitement when I actually saw it! Now, you know this reenforces the fear I have of Will rolling off the bed at a young age...
How fun that she's rolling over! I remember being so proud when my boys mastered that.
I know the days are busy. Thanks for updating the blog as often as you do; don't worry about it when you don't. You've got lots to keep up with. I'm glad your student teacher will be helping out and lessening some of the load on you.
You're an amazing mom!
Hey Rachel! Just letting you know that I finally created a blog! Check it out http://murphyfamily3.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment