Monday, December 1, 2008

One month check up

We went to the doctor today for our "one month check up". However, Megan is actually 5 1/2 weeks old, so she has had some extra growing time.

Weight: 8 lbs. 11 oz. (50th percentile)
Height: 22 inches (90th percentile)
Head: 14.5 inches (40th percentile)

I can't believe how much she has grown. I always mentally roll my eyes, when parents or relatives make comments about how children have grown and how sad they are to see it. Well, I have changed my mind because I am very sad that Megan is not as little as she was when she came out! A lesson for my pride.

We had not met our actual pediatrician (Dr. Rose) until today and we really liked her. She is young and was very sweet to our little girl. She was impressed with Megan's head control and how strong she kicks. She also said we don't seem like first time parents - I took that as high praise, but she might say it to everyone. Anyway, our little girl is healthy and happy.

From Megan Smile

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

SUCH a cute photo! Glad she passed her checkup.

The Cokenour Family said...

Many things change when YOU are actually going through it. The one I had a hard time with was "Enjoy them when they are small! The grow up too fast!" I am sad to say that is faster than I expected and I have already forgotten things that I thought I would always remember! They were right! Who knew?! Megan is absolutely beautiful! ;-)

Stephanie, Daneel, Avalon & Julie said...

So true! I had a meltdown when Avalon hit 11 weeks because I didn't want her to grow up :)
Can't wait to see you guys tonight! Megan is precious!

Jordan said...

Hhhmmmm...now that's a good front facing head shot...so who is she starting to look more like? I can't quite decide. We miss you guys and can't wait to see all three of you soon!

Rayzer81 said...

what a cutie, I didnt get to really see her last night! She has gotten so big!