I was able to complete most of my summer projects before this week. I have a few small projects that I can take care of on the weekends. My new deadline is October 1st, so I will be ready for Megan! As for our sweet girl, I was able to complete the art projects for her room this week. The room is pretty big and the window is off to the side, so it feels like I have a lot of wall space to fill. The first one is an 22"x8" frame with her name in it that I will hang over her changing table. The second picture is actually one from of four that will hang over her crib. I am probably going to hang them with a dark pink ribbon, but I will wait for the furniture so I can see how long to make the ribbon. Finally I have a trio of canvases with circles on them that will hang along the back wall over the chair and bookcase. I have included a picture of all three canvases and one of them close up so you can see the circle detail. I am so happy with how they turned out! Justin and I went and bought all of the supplies at once. Luckily, all of the projects worked. Sometimes I get great ideas in my head to "make my own" and they are disastrous, so I am relieved these projects did not have to be discarded. They took longer than I thought they would, but that is the story of my life. I think I can do things much faster than humanly possible. Just one of the things that I don't want to pass on to my daughter.
Friday, August 15, 2008
It Has Begun
Well, it is official. I am back at school. Today was our first day back and I am happy to report that I made it through without getting tired. However, I started to drift off during dinner! So, it looks like I will have the energy to teach, but may have to take a cat nap when I get home or go to bed before the sun goes down.

I was able to complete most of my summer projects before this week. I have a few small projects that I can take care of on the weekends. My new deadline is October 1st, so I will be ready for Megan! As for our sweet girl, I was able to complete the art projects for her room this week. The room is pretty big and the window is off to the side, so it feels like I have a lot of wall space to fill. The first one is an 22"x8" frame with her name in it that I will hang over her changing table. The second picture is actually one from of four that will hang over her crib. I am probably going to hang them with a dark pink ribbon, but I will wait for the furniture so I can see how long to make the ribbon. Finally I have a trio of canvases with circles on them that will hang along the back wall over the chair and bookcase. I have included a picture of all three canvases and one of them close up so you can see the circle detail. I am so happy with how they turned out! Justin and I went and bought all of the supplies at once. Luckily, all of the projects worked. Sometimes I get great ideas in my head to "make my own" and they are disastrous, so I am relieved these projects did not have to be discarded. They took longer than I thought they would, but that is the story of my life. I think I can do things much faster than humanly possible. Just one of the things that I don't want to pass on to my daughter.


I was able to complete most of my summer projects before this week. I have a few small projects that I can take care of on the weekends. My new deadline is October 1st, so I will be ready for Megan! As for our sweet girl, I was able to complete the art projects for her room this week. The room is pretty big and the window is off to the side, so it feels like I have a lot of wall space to fill. The first one is an 22"x8" frame with her name in it that I will hang over her changing table. The second picture is actually one from of four that will hang over her crib. I am probably going to hang them with a dark pink ribbon, but I will wait for the furniture so I can see how long to make the ribbon. Finally I have a trio of canvases with circles on them that will hang along the back wall over the chair and bookcase. I have included a picture of all three canvases and one of them close up so you can see the circle detail. I am so happy with how they turned out! Justin and I went and bought all of the supplies at once. Luckily, all of the projects worked. Sometimes I get great ideas in my head to "make my own" and they are disastrous, so I am relieved these projects did not have to be discarded. They took longer than I thought they would, but that is the story of my life. I think I can do things much faster than humanly possible. Just one of the things that I don't want to pass on to my daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Cool, very cool!
Beautiful art! Isn't it fun to make your own? You can tell Megan you did it all for her when she's old enough to understand. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!
so so cute! how did you do the circles??
are you guys coming to any football games?
Rachel, I just love the art you did. I would like to copy it, unless you are enforcing your copyrights, which you have as a right, but please don't!
I love all your projects! Very cute. And I am also known for copying... I hope you don't mind! :)
love what you did! can't wait 2 meet miss. megan!
Post a Comment