Friday, August 1, 2008

Baby Bedding


When we found out we are having a girl, I started looking at bedding online and in the stores. I got a little overwhelmed by all of the "stuff" in the rooms and on the bedding. I wanted something simple and modern. So I decided to make the bedding. I started the week after school got out in May. I went from fabric store to fabric store looking for fabric. It was so frustrating because I could not find anything I liked. So I took my mom along and we worked out some fabric combinations that I like. It is not what I had in mind originally, but the fabric stores did not have the kind of pattern that I had in mind. The baby pink is actually a pink and white pin stripe and the bright pink has white polka dots all over it. My mom came over for a marathon day of sewing. We (she more than I) got the curtains and the dust ruffle made. I loved the dust ruffle, but something was not right about the curtains. I hung them up and left them thinking that they might grow on me. They didn't. So last week, I decided to start over. The result is much better! Also, we had a piece of fabric for the bumper embroidered with an "M" and it took a little while to get back. So I added the pink fabric to the bumper this week and voila - the bedding is ready! So here are some pictures. The curtains are hung. However, we do not have our bed yet, so I set up the bedding on our coffee table so you could get a general idea of the finished product. When our bed does arrive, I will post a video tour of it all. Hopefully, we will have something on the walls at that point and it will look like a real nursery and not the empty room that it is now!

5 comments:

CAROL said...

It's BEAUTIFUL! I love it! I can't wait to see my granddaughter enjoying it!

KarenD said...

I had a hard time shopping for bedding, too. But I'm not too skilled at sewing, so after many an online search, I finally found something "simple" that I liked.

Looks great so far! Isn't it fun to have a "new" room to decorate? You'll enjoy spending time with Megan in there for sure, especially since it has such a personal touch!

Laura said...

I love it! Megan will have such a beautiful room to love!

Justin said...

You did a great job on it! I can't wait to put furniture in that room!

Unknown said...

Rachel, I love the changes you made to the curtains. You did a fantastic job. I am sooo proud of you. And I must agree with carol:
"I can't wait to see me granddaughter enjoying it!"

Love ya, Mom