Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Beginning of the End



February 14, 2008 - Living in a small town in Texas makes buying a pregnancy test very stressful. I have seen this cliche in the movies, and have now experienced it first hand. My eyes darted down every aisle ofthe store. I was praying that no one I knew was there! I went to check out and tried to appear nonchalant. However, I think I looked more suspicious. The clerk probably thought I was trying to steal something! I made it out of the store safely. I took the test as soon as I got home. Justin was playing Fifa 08, so it was just me and the stick that would determine the next nine months of my life. After three LONG minutes, I saw the plus sign. I grinned! Seriously?! I went and brought Justin in to see. We both grinned!! We are going to be parents. We knew this day was coming - we even knew it would be soon, but nothing could have prepared us for the joy!! It makes me wonder how the delivery day will be. I am not sure this amount of joy can be topped!!

1 comment:

Seba and Erin said...

You guys are going to be the BEST parents ever! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all the updates! Wish we were there with you during this time but know that we pray for you daily!