Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life with Megan

Could she be any cuter???

Well summer is definitely in full swing. I am finished with all of my school duties and am settling in as a stay at home mom. It has been an adjustment. I love not having to rush around in the morning and rush home in the afternoon. However, this is the first summer that I have not been able to sleep to my heart's content. That has been hard and made breastfeeding feel like more of a challenge. I am pressing on though. Also, with a new house looming in the future, I would have started cleaning out closets and packing and shopping for new things. I haven't found the energy to clean anything out. Shopping has really been browsing on the web - which is saving money on gas, but not quite as fun!! Anyway, the silver lining to all of these adjustments is my sweet baby, Megan. We weighed her yesterday and she is 15 lbs even. She is 27 inches long. She looks soooo skinny especially when she is standing, but she is eating and gaining weight, so no worries. She is hilarious! She has started taking a few steps mostly between Justin and I. She loves to smile and laugh. She definitely knows how cute she is and works it to her advantage (we are in big trouble). She will cuddle up to my shoulder and it feels like a hug. She is an absolute joy. Here are some pictures from our days with Megan:

Exploring new things


Bed Head (this is what it looks like after a nap!)


Drafting my first novel


Practicing my walking with one hand


Cheering for the Braves!!


Talking to Granny on Skype and wishing she was here!


Just hanging out with the best dad in the world!
(and grinning with my little old lady smile - no teeth!)

1 comment:

allison said...

No, she definitely couldn't be any cuter! :)