Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cliffs Notes

I sat down this morning to check on my friend's blogs (something I haven't done in a few weeks) and I realized I have not posted anything in almost a month. So I apologize because I promised I would keep up with this blog after Megan was born. So here is the cliffs notes version of the last 30 days for the Allisons:

  • Megan turned 6 months old!! She was 26 inches long and weight 13 lbs. 15 oz. at her appointment. She is a very happy girl! She want to walk everywhere (holding our hands, of course!). So we bought her a walker - it works better on the tile than carpet, but it still gives us a break from bending over and walking around with her.

  • Megan is eating solids. We have tried avocado, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and bananas. She has loved all of them. She is so cute when she eats! She sucks in her bottom lip and looks like a little grandma.
  • Justin, his dad, and his brother ran in the Seminary Stride - a 5K put on at the seminary every year. They all did great! Justin and his brother are planning to participate in a mini triathalon and a "muddy buddy" race later this year. Good times for them - not an activity for me!!
  • Justin family came to visit the weekend of the 5K. So we saw our nephew Austin who is going to be a big brother in December!! Hooray - more babies for Aunt Rachel to spoil.
  • I helped throw a baby shower for my friend, Jordan. It was a lot of fun and I was honored to help host the shower for her. She is expecting a sweet baby boy (Will) in 3 weeks. Yea - more friends for Megan!

  • School has been crazy busy with end of year testing and unruly students. We had field day yesterday - it was a lot of fun!! We have a new P.E. teacher this year and her set up was fabulous. It is usually a very stressful day and this year it was fun and relaxed!

  • My first Mother's Day was wonderful. My parents and my brother came in because we dedicated Megan at church that morning. Then we had a nice lunch and visiting time. We always appreciate family driving to us - we know it can be time consuming and stressful. Justin bought me some fun jewelry and a card from him and a card from Megan! Also, my brother got me a card which was unexpected and very sweet.

  • Finally, we are in the process of buying a house. We are currently under contract. The inspection was done yesterday and the only thing that came up was something with the air conditioner. The inspector seemed to think it just needs to be serviced (the house is empty), so hopefully we will set a closing date soon!!

4 comments:

allison said...

Rachel, you seriously have the cutest baby girl in the world. We LOVE how smiley she is in her pictures!!! Thanks for the update. :)

Jordan said...

Yes! Your baby girl is adorable!!! And thanks for updating us on the last month; we didn't really get to chat at the shower. I'm glad everything sounds like it's going well. I can hardly wait to get a good, long visit in soon.

Alison, Jake, Addison, Avery and baby Bean said...

is that the house? nice!

KarenD said...

Thanks for the update! Megan is a cutie pie indeed. We enjoyed seeing you a few weeks ago. Hope the house thing works out!